Tru-Spec ACU 50/50 NyCo Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP)
The Tru-Spec ACU 50/50 NyCo Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP) is manufactured to U.S. Military Specification GL/PD 14-04 with CL-8 50/50 CORDURA® Nylon/Cotton material which is permanent press, wrinkle resistant, and rip-stop. It is vat dyed in the Multicam pattern to meet the same appearance and performance requirements as the next evolution of combat uniforms for service members.
Features of the Tru-Spec ACU 50/50 NyCo Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP):
- Summerweight - suited for warmer climates
- Lighterweight vs the 65/35 version
- Redesigned fold down collar for a neat, professional appearance
- Hook and loop front closure with zipper for a smooth appearance
- Rank tab loop on center placket
- Glint tape above shoulder pockets
- Shoulder pockets feature longer loop on the face for skill tabs and patches and front zipper closure
- Bi-swing back
- Loop fasteners for name & rank patches
- Reinforced elbows
- Two slanted chest pockets with hook & loop closure
- Pen/Pencil stalls
- Button cuff closure with 3-button hole positions
Guidance on the new Air Force Uniform transition:
Official wear guidance will be published in AFI 36-2903
- Airmen wearing OCPs should continue to wear the new uniform according to approved local wear policy
OCT 1 2018
- Offical date this uniform can be worn USAF wide.
APR 1 2019
- Tan Tshirt must be worn with this uniform, desert sand is authorized until this date.
JUN 1 2020
- Coyote Brown Boots must be worn with this uniform, desert is authorized until this date.
- Green socks must be worn with this uniform, Desert Tan is authorized until this date
APR 1 2021
- OCP Manditory Wear Date
Looking for more info? Check out our blog post.