Propper U.S. Air Force 50/50 NYCO Lightweight Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP)
The Propper U.S. Air Force 50/50 NYCO Lightweight Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP) is made from 50% Nylon/50% Cotton lightweight ripstop material to provide maximum performance and durability. Manufactured in the new U.S. Air Force approved Scorpion OCP camouflage pattern, this coat meets AFI 36-2903 regulations for dress and personal appearance of U.S. Air Force personnel. U.S. Air Force personnel include active duty, reserve and guard components. Under AFI 36-2903 regulations, this coat is replacing the previous Tiger Stripe ABU and can be worn on duty starting 1 October 2018 with a mandatory wear date of 1 April 2021.
Not only is the U.S. Air Force uniform camouflage pattern changing, the design and function of the uniform is changing as well. Attached to both upper sleeves are large zippered pockets, ensuring that this coat has plenty of space for gear accessory storage. The zipper closure locks items inside so they will not be damaged or lost, and it closes silently for stealth operations. Each pocket also includes loop fields on the outside for easy addition of patches with hook fasteners. Under AFI 36-2903 regulations, the approved patches for the right sleeve are the reversed U.S Flag and HHQ patches in the spiced brown colorway. The left sleeve is reserved for spiced brown unit patches and duty identifier patches such as EOD. The previous Tiger Stripe ABU coat had four pockets on the front, this new Scorpion OCP coat has been reduced to two canted pockets. This Scorpion OCP coat also features loop fields for nametapes and rank where the Tiger Stripe ABU did not. Many customers choose to remove these fields and sew on nametapes and rank for a cleaner look.
Benefits of the Propper U.S. Air Force 50/50 NYCO Lightweight Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP):
- Scorpion OCP pattern is approved under AFI 36-2903
- Summerweight - suited for warmer climates
- Lighterweight vs the 65/35 version
- Uniform cut and design complies with current regulations
- 50% Nylon/50% Cotton fabric is highly durable
- Fold-down collar provides a traditional professional look
- Upper-sleeve pockets are spacious and fitted with a silent zipper closure
- Reinforced elbows are incredibly strong and sturdy
- Two-channel pen pocket keeps your pen on hand at all times
- Made to Air Force Specifications
PRODUCT CHANGES TO PROPPER U.S. Air Force 50/50 NYCO Lightweight Uniform Coat (Scorpion OCP):
- Shoulder pocket changed from flap to side zipper
- IFF tab and cover changed position
- Collar construction is no longer mandarin
- Front zipper shorter because of collar change
- Elimination of hook and loop access for elbow patches
- Cuffs changed to button closure instead of hook and loop
- 3 channel pen pocket reduced to 2 channels
What size OCP do you need? Here are some conversion charts to help you decide.