Tactix® Charlie GPS Watch from Garmin
Whether you’re on training maneuvers or just out for a jog, the tactix Charlie watch’s built-in mapping and navigation features help keep you oriented and on course. Full-color TOPO mapping comes preloaded, with map data optimized for at-a-glance navigation and location tracking. GPS and GLONASS satellite network reception allows you to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. Plus, you can use your watch to create and follow courses as well as mark locations for such things as your campsite, vehicle, course checkpoints or other points of interest. In addition to map-based guidance, your tactix watch also provides a set of ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensors to guide you on or off the beaten path. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent for activities such as hiking, while the tilt-compensated 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing — whether you’re moving or not.
The watch’s tactical features include Jumpmaster activity, projected waypoints and a dual-format GPS Coordinate Data Page that supports display of MGRS, degrees/minutes/seconds and more. Tactix Charlie supports smart notifications when paired with a compatible device. Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch — whether you’re on the trail, in the field or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobileapplications.
Benefits of the Garmin Tactix® Charlie GPS Watch
- 1.2” high-resolution, sunlight-readable display with domed sapphire lens for visibility in any light
- Ability to switch between daytime use and night vision goggle vision
- Includes preloaded TOPO mapping plus routable map navigation so you stay on course
- Rugged design includes a black diamond-like carbon (DLC) coated titanium bezel, black titanium rear cover and stainless-steel buttons — plus built-in Elevate™ wrist-based heart rate¹ monitoring so you can keep track no matter where you are
- Tactical-specific features include: Jumpmaster, waypoint projection, dual-position GPS formatting and preloaded tactical activity
- Built-in navigation sensors include GPS and GLONASS plus a 3-axis compass, barometer, altimeter and gyroscope
- Up to 12 days battery life in smartwatch mode, up to 20 hours in GPS mode and up to 35 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode
Important Things to Consider before Purchasing the Garmin Tactix® Charlie GPS Watch:
You can customize your tactix Charlie with free downloads from our Connect IQ™ store. Change your watch face, add data fields, or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build strategic relationships that add even more value to your tactix Charlie multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your watch to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.